Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What to Wear

When planning your family portraits it is good to choose your attire carefully. You want to show each individual personality, but you also want the photos to look cohesive.

Here is how I chose our clothes for our family session. I made a dress for my baby girl that I wanted to show off. ;-) So we kind of worked everyone else's outfits to coordinate with her.
I laid out different combinations on the floor until I found a balance of color and pattern that I liked. Below is the result of my fashion work. ;-) Our cute little family...
and then my whole family! We're a good looking group if I do say so myself!
Photos by JessLeighPhotography


** Here are a few links to help you while planning your family photo session.

Taryn has a great post on What to Wear?

Here is a post on How to Prepare for Your Family Photo Session

Simply {L} Photography has "fashion Friday" on her blog with lots of ideas for dressing your family for photos

No comments: