Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Family Picture Session

Its picture time again!  As usual Pinterest has come to the rescue. ;-) I have pinned a bunch of links for photography instruction and inspiration on my photography board. So when our family session was coming up I went there to get ideas. I found this great post from Home Stories from A 2 Z on How to Prepare for your Family Session. She uses photos from Pinterest as she explains how she chose their clothes, picked inspiration poses, etc. I loved seeing the inspiration poses side by side with their family pix. There were a lot of great ideas on here. I was able to use a few of them for our family shoot!



















The above image was one of my inspiration photos.  Here is our version...
 

While preparing for our family photo session I also found these posts helpful too:

Elizabeth Halford's Dress to Match the Sofa

Click it Up a Notch has a bunch of What to Wear posts


Typically I am a DIYer in most areas. Because I am cheap... er... frugal... or whatever you want to call it. But I am also a deal hunter and if I can find a sweet bargain I will go for it! Awhile back I saw a deal on Plum District that I couldn't pass up. It was a photo session with disc from Peter Jonathan Images for $59 (valued at $200)!  We got an incredible deal!  We enjoyed our session with Pete Nagy.  He was professional and he was especially great with the kids.  Here is his blog post about our session together.  And here are a few of my faves!

















No comments: